39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The Wait Begins - My F Pace S is in the System

Well, I am officially in waiting mode. It kind of happened in a strange way, but in expanding my search outside the 100 mile radius of the Philly area, I happened to contact a dealer that had my exact build in the system. Frankly, I was stunned when I read the Vista sheet. Here is the build I created on the Jaguar site in October, and the build in this dealer's system:

F Pace S
Storm Grey
Black Interior
Roof Rails
Black Pack
Ash Burl veneer
Tow package
Activity Key
Heads up Display
Oyster headliner

Given all of the specificity, I actually believed that the dealer took my build sheet, ordered it and then sent me the Vista sheet.....I simply cannot believe I happened to reach out to a dealer with my exact build preference already in the system. Regardless, this is due to be built on 3/3 and delivered 4/21. I have been dealing directly with the sales manager and he has been a pleasure to work with from his first email....no nonsense and extremely responsive.

I began here many months ago, sparring a bit with Trek about F Pace vs. Macan, until I finally drove both and came to agree with him. I think the real beneficiary of my F Pace purchase will be my almost 15 yr old son, who will be getting my 2012 Evoque next year when he gets his license.

Thank you to all of you that led me to the promised land.....
JWreck, JK8112, VZX-CO and 6 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 02:50 PM

Garage
You are welcome! I knew you would come around. Macan? Bah!
slojotaa likes this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows
post #3 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 02:53 PM

Congrats!!!

2017 F-Pace R Sport - Storm Grey / Jet and 2017 F-Pace R Sport Tempest Grey / Oyster.

post #4 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGluck View Post
Well, I am officially in waiting mode. It kind of happened in a strange way, but in expanding my search outside the 100 mile radius of the Philly area, I happened to contact a dealer that had my exact build in the system. Frankly, I was stunned when I read the Vista sheet. Here is the build I created on the Jaguar site in October, and the build in this dealer's system:

F Pace S
Storm Grey
Black Interior
Roof Rails
Black Pack
Ash Burl veneer
Tow package
Activity Key
Heads up Display
Oyster headliner

Given all of the specificity, I actually believed that the dealer took my build sheet, ordered it and then sent me the Vista sheet.....I simply cannot believe I happened to reach out to a dealer with my exact build preference already in the system. Regardless, this is due to be built on 3/3 and delivered 4/21. I have been dealing directly with the sales manager and he has been a pleasure to work with from his first email....no nonsense and extremely responsive.

I began here many months ago, sparring a bit with Trek about F Pace vs. Macan, until I finally drove both and came to agree with him. I think the real beneficiary of my F Pace purchase will be my almost 15 yr old son, who will be getting my 2012 Evoque next year when he gets his license.

Thank you to all of you that led me to the promised land.....
I am sure your son would much rather have the F-pace
Congrats, this is exactly what happened to me as well. A dealer in Chicago had the exact build that I wanted + the activity key, took a little over a week to be delivered and I was a very happy camper that I did not have to wait two months.

P.S. Do you know what wheels it has?
post #5 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Has the standard 20" blade wheels. I am not a fan of all black wheels and did not want to go to 22's.....when I say this was exactly my build, I mean EXACTLY. I have aftermarket 20" inch wheels on my Evoque and I am pretty sure they will fit the F Pace.
Jman97 and ndabunka like this.
post #6 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
You are welcome! I knew you would come around. Macan? Bah!
So....you never bought that I was going to custom paint whatever F Pace I got Caesarium Blue?
Trek likes this.
post #7 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 04:21 PM

Nice build. I also have Storm Grey with the Black Pack.

And, regarding the Macan...I can't remember the last time I saw a guy driving one.
post #8 of 39 Old 01-24-2017, 10:19 PM

Garage
Congratz MGluck!

My experience was similar but different. I spent a bunch of time in the Jag configurator and knew that I wanted the driver assist and tech packages. The DA package is only available on the R-Sport or S lines and I found that when I configure an R-Sport and S with the same packages the price difference was less than $1000. So the S it was.

Worked with the dealer to see if he could do an expanded search in the dealer network with the requirements being an Ammonite/Jet S with DA and Tech pack and he was able to find one with a dealer in SC. I waited a week for them to transport it to PA and then put Continental A/S tires on the 22" rims and we were good to go. It has a few options that I don't think I would have personally ordered (22" double helix, convenience pack) but am glad that I have them now that I have the car. I overlooked the convenience pack but remote rear seat release levers and the gesture tailgate are is worth it IMO. And the 22" double helix looks great. I was a little concerned with the ride of the 22" over the 20" but the adaptive dynamics suspension really soaks up the bumps in Normal mode.

Good luck! You're going to love daily living with this. My only problem is that I live and work in the city so I don't get to drive it as much.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
post #9 of 39 Old 01-25-2017, 11:07 AM

Mine has been entered into the dealer website...now how many days until actual delivery?

2001 Volvo S60 T5 Manual
2011 BMW 328 XDrive Wagon
post #10 of 39 Old 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Love the storm grey with black pack. Gonna look sleek.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2014 Audi S4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page