32Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Incremental Order? 2017 vs 2018

I ordered my F-Pace at the end of November, then I got a call from dealer week or so ago informing that order was accepted and I will be getting 2018 F-Pace. So far so good!

Then I just got call from the dealer informing that Jaguar will add incremental F-Pace order (or production) and because of that I could get 2017 F-Pace based on specs I provided earlier instead of 2018 F-Pace. As much as I thought it would be cool to get one of the first F-Pace's in my neck of the woods I accepted that I would be getting 2018 model and I rationalized my decision that 2018 model should have most minor glitches worked out. So I replied that I plan to stick with my original plan of getting 2018 model. Then dealer informed me that there won't be any differences between 2017 and 2018 models. I still confirmed that I want 2018 model.

Now I am having second thoughts. If 2017 and 2018 models are essentially the same then it does not make sense to delay for another month.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 12:14 PM

If the vehicles are the same, then IMO, the only difference in having a 17MY vs 18 is when it comes to resale. Even though they're built within a month from one another, the 17 will be one year "older" than the 18 and will likely fetch a lower price or trade in offer.
crabman likes this.
post #3 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 12:18 PM

I doubt there will be ZERO differences. There will be minor differences I almost sure...in terms of colors,wheels and maybe more.

post #4 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGluck View Post
I doubt there will be ZERO differences. There will be minor differences I almost sure...in terms of colors,wheels and maybe more.
That is what I was thinking, except I want specific color and wheels, but I get your point.
post #5 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 03:52 PM

Is the 2018 model coming soon? Generally the new model comes out in the fall.
post #6 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 03:54 PM

I just spoke with my dealer on this very subject. I had ordered in December and had added the 20" venom wheels. Later my dealer calls me and said that the wheels where unavailable until "who knows when"? So now I'm going to get a 2018 with a price increase. He has no idea when the 2018's will start or what the "new" price is going to be or what new options are coming. So I think your dealer is telling you something just to make you feel better because no one knows what Jag's plans are for the 2018.
post #7 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 04:04 PM

Jetman,where did anybody say they knew specifics about the 2018 FPACE? From multiple sources the release date does appear to be around June.
post #8 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGluck View Post
Jetman,where did anybody say they knew specifics about the 2018 FPACE? From multiple sources the release date does appear to be around June.

In his starting thread he said his dealer said there wouldn't be any difference......Not implying any of you guys said this.
post #9 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 04:56 PM

For an SA,No differences = minor differences but none that should affect you ordering RIGHT NOW!
ndabunka likes this.
post #10 of 84 Old 01-04-2017, 05:10 PM

Two weeks ago my order was rejected by Jaguar, as they were not taking any more special orders on 17's. Same dealer contacted me today stating that Jag released a few more spots for 2017 builds for late May delivery, and he could place my order today. Knowing we are getting close to the 2018 release, I asked if he had any info on that. Was told I can order the 18's in April, for production in June and delivery in Sept-Oct. At this point, don't know who or what to believe. Funny as a dealer about 3 hours from my home just received a new "S" in the exact build configuration I was looking at. After this weekend, special ordering for me might be a moot point

2017 F-Pace S
2017 Jaguar XE Prestige
2013 RR Evoque (retired)
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page