74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 97 Old 08-17-2016, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
How will it do in snow?

I am coming from a Subaru Forester so I am used to a pretty strong performing AWD.

I know the car is very new so there isnt a real track record of winter performance, but does anyone have insight into the AWD system (has it been used in other Jag models?) and any thoughts on what kind of poor weather and winter performance we should expect?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 97 Old 08-17-2016, 05:12 PM

Reportedly similar to the F-Type which might be a good or bad thing depending on who you ask. Some people wanted something pulled from an LR, others wanted the sportiness of the F-Type. Although its RWD biased, apparently it takes some effort to throw the rear end around, so no need to worry about that part.
post #3 of 97 Old 08-17-2016, 05:26 PM

So just to get the obvious key element out of the way....... I don't think you can get winter tyres for the 22" wheels nor chains. So, since it's the rubber boots that make the most difference in the snow, either specify 20" maximum rims or ensure you secure a set of winter rims in addition to your 22" car.

As for the AWD system, I am convinced it will be fine. It's very sophisticated, has the ADSR function for low speed grip in adverse conditions and plenty of ground clearance to prevent the snow plough effect in deep snow.

I just love it when the deep snow arrives, the car is wearing new winter tyres (they lose their magic at 4mm depth) and with AWD it's almost invincible. That's when everyone drools over your AWD SUV and the stampede begins to buy 4x4 and winter tyres. If you could time a private sale in such circumstances then your residuals would go through the roof!

Arianne

F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, Italian Racing Red, 22" silver/black diamond turbines, privacy glass, 14 way sports seats & full memory pack, ADSR, 380w Meridian, space saver spare, reclining rear seats, cold climate pack, configurable mood lighting, activity key, remote rear seat release and the all important cup holder cover slidey thing! On order for March 2017 and will be deploying the US pre-delivery template letter so thank you folks.

post #4 of 97 Old 08-17-2016, 06:00 PM

These look like they'll be strong performers in snow with the 22's: Continental*ExtremeContact DWS 06

I trying to decide whether to get a set of 20" wheels with snows, or just put these on my 22's.
RoonieQ and 3rdsCharm like this.

2017 F-Pace S - Rhodium, 22" Dbl Helix Silver, w/ most trimmings except D/A package.
2013 XF loaded
2010 XF Prem Lux V8 w B&W
2007 Infiniti M35x
post #5 of 97 Old 08-17-2016, 07:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisVH View Post
These look like they'll be strong performers in snow with the 22's: Continental*ExtremeContact DWS 06

I trying to decide whether to get a set of 20" wheels with snows, or just put these on my 22's.
That's what I'm getting. Pure winter tires are an overreaction for the lower 48.
RoonieQ likes this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels
post #6 of 97 Old 08-18-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
That's what I'm getting. Pure winter tires are an overreaction for the lower 48.
Does "lower 48" mean south of Canadian border or below certain elevation ? And then there is HI.
I am not sure what difference there is between Alaska and many other places in US which receive tons of snow in the winter.
JWreck likes this.
post #7 of 97 Old 08-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
I know plenty of states where it should be illegal to run anything BUT true winter tires in the winter. All seasons compromise on both fronts. If you like compromising on the only 4x4 inch squares keeping your car on the road, by all means, carry on.

2017 Jaguar F Pace S | 2014 Audi S4
post #8 of 97 Old 08-18-2016, 04:48 PM

How will it perform in the snow? Like this??

Looks like serious fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 F Pace S, Polaris White, Black Pack, 20" Black Blades, Red/Jet Interior, Roof Rails, Tow Package, Tech pack, HUD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post #9 of 97 Old 08-18-2016, 04:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby40 View Post
How will it perform in the snow? Like this??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjmakhf30iY

Looks like serious fun.
If those are 22s they aren't winters. They're all-seasons.

Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
post #10 of 97 Old 08-18-2016, 04:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
I know plenty of states where it should be illegal to run anything BUT true winter tires in the winter. All seasons compromise on both fronts. If you like compromising on the only 4x4 inch squares keeping your car on the road, by all means, carry on.
15 years in Minnesota with all-seasons on every vehicle in my garage, and a sloped driveway, too. Never a problem. I'm just sayin.' Now in PA, NJ, NY area. A piece of cake compared to Minny. Heck, I could drive safely with summers on my F-Pace in these states. Been here 11 years now. All seasons on every one of my cars. Never a problem and I'm always in the fast lane. But I'll (reluctantly) dig deep for the dollars to put all-seasons on my F-Pace because my wife prefers them.
3rdsCharm likes this.

Last edited by Trek; 08-18-2016 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page