90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Would you buy it again?

After all the issues reported here and on the UK forum, I'm starting to get cold feet. My lock out date on changes to my order is approaching, and my Delivery is set for November 15. I'm wondering whether to keep my build slot or to wait some indeterminate period of time until things have smoothed out a bit.

So, would you buy it again if you had it to do over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 01:58 PM

Garage
Given a mulligan, I would wait a year and then buy one

But the problems could be solved by the time your build takes place

1967 Austin Healey 3000
2008 BMW M3 convertible
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S
post #3 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 02:10 PM

Very interesting and valid question. It is clear the wheels could fall off for some F-Pacers and they would call it a minor issue. After all, one does not buy a Jag for the wheels. However, many others are more realistic about the quantity and magnitude of problems that might not be considered tolerable or normal. Even for minor problems, the key is how fast and how successfully they are rectified, and we not have a solid answer to that yet.

post #4 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 02:29 PM

I haven't experienced any significant issues (only isolators and minor ICTP bugs) so have absolutely no regrets. The positive attention I get on a daily basis and significant improvement over my previous Infiniti CUV outweigh any of the limitations of the FP. The smile on my face pulling in and out of my garage has been invaluable and not something I think any other model in my budget would have achieved.

I was willing to take my chances to take advantage of the many cost incentives to reserving early, but if you're not interested in being one of the first to have what will eventually be a very popular luxury SUV, then you might as well wait. However the price may increase, the wait list may lengthen, and the level of fascination from others may subside by the time you feel ready.

Just keep in mind that this forum is the only outlet for many owners to vent their frustration and air their grievances, while those without issues are too busy enjoying their drive. Like reviews in Amazon, you should make a decision based on your own comfort level and understand that not all problems will be experienced by all owners to the same degree. Best of luck!
deafsoundguy, Trek, bpmba and 3 others like this.
post #5 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 02:40 PM

To answer this question in terms of an Amazon review, I'd give a 4.5 star rating.

Thinking about it more:
Design: 5 stars
Performance: 4.5 stars
Handling: 5 stars
Infotainment: 3.5 stars (I think this will rise to 4.5-5 once the bugs are worked out. ICTP dual screen & nav is great)
Warranty: 5 stars
Build Quality: 4.5 stars (-1.5 stars for releasing it with the isolator issue. +1 star for delivering a fix one month after launch)
Fun to drive: 5 stars
Overall Satisfaction: 4.5 stars

So yes, I'd buy this again. It comes down to the fact that driving has become fun again.
Trek and bpmba like this.
post #6 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 02:41 PM

Without issues here, I certainly would. Have been considering a poll on here just to see how many have been with what issues and how many without. Any care to set that up?
hv2gmbl likes this.
post #7 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 02:56 PM

There are two systemic issues and a fair number of idiosyncratic vehicle specific issues:
- Rear spring isolators; this is getting solved case by case for those who have it, reports are fix is now generally available, strong indications they've stopped using bad isolators on production line but only the next batch or batches of arriving vehicles will confirm this, it won't be a problem by your build date.
- Various and sundry ICTP bugs, glitches and one or two glaring omissions - particularly voice nav control. Some report having many issues solved by a software reinstall or other possible patches. Most of these better be solved this fall by updates. Are you getting ICTP, if so be concerned, if not it is not an issue for you. A fair number of ATT WiFi setup problems but super hard to tell if this is dealer problem vs. vehicle problem. Again, if you didn't order with wifi hotspot not an issue at all.

Other known but seemingly vehicle idiosyncratic specific issues:
- some added squeak and rattles that seem addressed by known fixes
- early alignment issues on some body parts, easily solved by adjustment and haven't heard about these for a while
- an AC issue that has a known solution
- missing features that people thought they were getting but were options they never ordered or dealer ordering mistakes

Watching both this forum and Jaguar's Topix database it seems Jaguar is cataloging and coming up with fixes to the issues identified albeit slower on some than most would like - ICTP being prime example. A few issues may be attributable to dealer unfamiliarity with vehicle and pre delivery process, again won't be a problem by the time yours arrives though you might want to consider routing through a dealer you know is handling a lot of F-Paces.

Personally, despite having followed this and the UK forum since April when I placed my order and having corresponded individually with many owners I am totally psyched to take delivery of my vehicle which just showed in my dealer's inventory system which means arrival is very close. I know my dealer is on top of the isolator issues if it is even present on my vehicle. Also psyched to move from forum gadfly to owner. I know in reading this forum I put more weight on input from actual owners and buyers.

Should you decide to proceed be sure to get your Vista printout if you haven't already to make sure you're getting what your ordered and use the dealer delivery letter found elsewhere on here to insure a smooth delivery process.

Best of luck in your decision.
bpmba, MGluck, kris and 4 others like this.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 03:42 PM

Only 600 miles so far, no real issues yet (yes I would like voice NAV, and yes It would be nice if the route planner app worked they way it should) so as of today the answer is absolutely yes.
post #9 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Other than the looks of the vehicle I'd have to say, No.
OregonRSport likes this.

Mike

2017 F Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport
post #10 of 217 Old 08-11-2016, 04:51 PM

4000 miles here, no significant issues. Ask me again when it starts to snow. When I ordered I had no idea what tires would come with the 22" black double helix wheels ($3000) extra. Now it looks like I'm going to have to buy another set of wheels & tires before winter. I love my F-Pace but I have a feeling I'll be missing my Silverado when the crappy weather starts.

Rhodium Silver S, in the driveway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page