LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2018 F-Pace will be released when?

I have two dealerships I am talking to, in VA and MD. I want my F-Pace by April 1st, since my lease is up on my A6 on 4.4.17. One dealership says I must place the order now, to ensure delivery in time, the other says I have until mid-December. Since there are obvious issues with the 2017 F-Pace, I am thinking it might be wise to wait until the 2018 model. Or, at least put off my order until the last minute, with the hopes that Jaguar will work out some of these kinks with the 2017. Any advice and/or inside scoop on the 2018 model year release?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

They did not release the '17's until late May. I would think they will run the 17's until at least June of '17.

Mike

2017 F Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport
post #3 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Might there be dealer cash or other incentives on the table to get the 2017s out the door come April?

post #4 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 10:40 AM

I doubt that there will be any significant differences between 17 or 18 other than some reports that the engine may change from supercharged to turbo, using the new Igenium block that is presently being used for the diesel version. That change if it happens may not even be at the beginning of the 18 model year. Since everyo0ne seems very happy with the present engine and the new one is more of an efficiency issue, unless that is important I would not wait.

As for other mechanical issues or computer glitches, it seems to me that likely Jaguar is upgrading on the manufacturing line, on a real time basis and not waiting for an artificial model year changeover.

The negative of waiting is the probable price increase and having to wait for a new toy!!! Right now the vehicle is the stunner SUV and unique on the roads. How long that will last is unknown.

Personally in 4 months of driving one albeit with very little mileage to date, 2800K or about 1800 miles, very few problems all of which were fixed in one attendance at the dealer.

The ICTP blacked out at one point and the dealer took my vehicle in immediately and fixed it with the other minor repairs in an unscheduled appointment and gave me a rental for overnight. Can not complain about the service.

The ICTP still does not perform perfectly but does about 90% of what is should and is now stable. If you have been reading there is a major upgrade coming very soon so hopefully the other 10% of issues will be resolved with maybe even more functions.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontoadvocate View Post
I doubt that there will be any significant differences between 17 or 18 other than some reports that the engine may change from supercharged to turbo, using the new Igenium block that is presently being used for the diesel version. That change if it happens may not even be at the beginning of the 18 model year. Since everyo0ne seems very happy with the present engine and the new one is more of an efficiency issue, unless that is important I would not wait.

As for other mechanical issues or computer glitches, it seems to me that likely Jaguar is upgrading on the manufacturing line, on a real time basis and not waiting for an artificial model year changeover.

The negative of waiting is the probable price increase and having to wait for a new toy!!! Right now the vehicle is the stunner SUV and unique on the roads. How long that will last is unknown.

Personally in 4 months of driving one albeit with very little mileage to date, 2800K or about 1800 miles, very few problems all of which were fixed in one attendance at the dealer.

The ICTP blacked out at one point and the dealer took my vehicle in immediately and fixed it with the other minor repairs in an unscheduled appointment and gave me a rental for overnight. Can not complain about the service.

The ICTP still does not perform perfectly but does about 90% of what is should and is now stable. If you have been reading there is a major upgrade coming very soon so hopefully the other 10% of issues will be resolved with maybe even more functions.
That engine would be a 6 cylinder instead of an 8 with 2 cylinders cut off which would save alot of weight.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjag View Post
That engine would be a 6 cylinder instead of an 8 with 2 cylinders cut off which would save alot of weight.
It should save about 50 pounds of curb weight. For model year differences, I'd say there's more risk in a new engine than chances they'll add significant function/fixes that depend on the MY change. Hopefully, the bulk of the fixes will happen in the pending update.

I would agree you have time yet to place your order for 4/01; I expect the salesman just wants to lock you in. Meanwhile, your timing should be too early for the new MY to be available. I'd guess it would be more like July before you could get a custom order and get it delivered. I wonder, too, if the engine change could affect timing and initial supply.

On price, it's too early to tell what the supply/demand posture is going to look like in 6 months. Some dealers in your area are already giving some discount, so shop around. I would suggest joining the Jaguar Club of NA, in hopes the loyalty program get extended to the F-Pace by then, but you need to have been a member for at least 6 months to qualify.

2014 F-Type S
2017 F-Pace S
1967 E-Type, Series 1-1/2
1984 911 Targa
1991 Mitsubishi 3000-GT VR4
post #7 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncheel View Post
Quote:
It should save about 50 pounds of curb weight. For model year differences, I'd say there's more risk in a new engine than chances they'll add significant function/fixes that depend on the MY change. Hopefully, the bulk of the fixes will happen in the pending update.

I would agree you have time yet to place your order for 4/01; I expect the salesman just wants to lock you in. Meanwhile, your timing should be too early for the new MY to be available. I'd guess it would be more like July before you could get a custom order and get it delivered. I wonder, too, if the engine change could affect timing and initial supply.

On price, it's too early to tell what the supply/demand posture is going to look like in 6 months. Some dealers in your area are already giving some discount, so shop around. I would suggest joining the Jaguar Club of NA, in hopes the loyalty program get extended to the F-Pace by then, but you need to have been a member for at least 6 months to qualify.
Only 50 pounds? Its a chunky 6 then. Been seeing the f pace weigh more than advertised so im thinking that engine is why.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Actually the 2 cylinders are not cut off, they are blocked off. So it is a heavy V8 block. Weight savings should be more than 50 lb for the new inline 6.

2015 BMW 650i M Edition
2015 Infiniti Q50 Signature Edition
2008 Toyota 4Runner V8 4WD
post #9 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Quote:
Actually the 2 cylinders are not cut off, they are blocked off. So it is a heavy V8 block. Weight savings should be more than 50 lb for the new inline 6.
Thats what I meant! I would think it would be way more than 50 pounds. Its the f paces biggest flaw. All the work with aluminum is useless putting this thing in there. And now its expensive to repair for no gain. With the new six the f pace should be on a new level!
post #10 of 16 Old 10-26-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Thats what I meant! I would think it would be way more than 50 pounds. Its the f paces biggest flaw. All the work with aluminum is useless putting this thing in there. And now its expensive to repair for no gain. With the new six the f pace should be on a new level!
Agree. And likely the other issues will be worked out, so I think the 2018 is the way to go.

2015 BMW 650i M Edition
2015 Infiniti Q50 Signature Edition
2008 Toyota 4Runner V8 4WD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page