8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 09-06-2016, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
R sport vs prestige - very confused

Hi everyone,

I booked F Pace prestige with 20 inches wheels,vision package, comfort and convenient package, technology package and minor optional features a month ago which costed me around 60K. Dealer told me that my vehicle may be delivered in October. One of my friend suggested me to go for R sport + technology instead of prestige with all the above features as it will cost around the same. I am very confused now. Can some one suggest which one would be better option?

Thanks,
Viaan
OneTwo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 09-06-2016, 11:26 PM

You did fine. Don't let others influence your choice. My wife didn't like the limited choices with colors for the interiors on the other models. She went with Prestige over First edition. She got everything you did except with 22's and is very happy with it.
VZX-CO and GRVR like this.
post #3 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 12:19 AM

I'm kinda partial to the more aggressive front look of the R Sport w/black package w/LED lights

post #4 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 12:42 AM

A lot of the differences are cosmetic. The R has the sport body kit (front/rear bumper and side cladding). The seats are the 14 way sport version. The R-Sport also comes with automatic emergency braking, blind spot monitoring, lane keep assist, and SiriusXM as standard.

My configuration came pretty close to the S in terms of cost, but I really wanted the jet/light oyster leather combo that was not available in the S, so I chose to go withe the R-Sport just for that reason and settled for 40 less horsepower. We all have our priorities and 340 hp is still plenty of juice and that is what you get in the Prestige as well so you picked a great vehicle no matter what.
klimchuk likes this.

Rhodium Silver R-S, 20" Black Blades, Black Pack, Tech Pack, Lux Pack, AD, Activity Key
post #5 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 12:45 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTwo View Post
You did fine. Don't let others influence your choice. My wife didn't like the limited choices with colors for the interiors on the other models. She went with Prestige over First edition. She got everything you did except with 22's and is very happy with it.
Dude, I LOVE those wheels!
OregonRSport and OneTwo like this.
post #6 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 06:58 AM

Here is another difference between the Prestige and the R you might consider.

By the nature of their design, a lot of "cross-overs", including the F Pace, compromise rearward vision somewhat. Equally the outward view from the back seats is also somewhat limited.

The sport seats in the R are substantially bulkier, particularly up high, than the standard seats and this further limits the outward view from the back seat. Although the sport seats are great, the "standard" seats are not second rate by any means. If you have back seat passengers frequently in your driving, you might consider this factor in your decision.

Last edited by ExOz; 09-07-2016 at 07:01 AM.
post #7 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Does the R version reduce ground clearance and/or approach & departure angles?

I ask because the "Dynamic" trim on the Evoque does.
post #8 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 10:40 AM

R-Sport has better seats. It was a deal breaker for me when choosing between Prestige and R-Sport

Halloween edition of the F-Pace 35t AWD R-Sport / 20" blade 5 spoke / BRG & Jet and Red Taurus & Satin Ash Burl / Adaptive Dynamics and Technology Packages plus Head Up Display
post #9 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 06:20 PM

I was in the same boat as you are. I ordered the Prestige with options as you mentioned. Then after couple of weeks I started to feel little uncomfortable with most of the people going with S or R-Sport. I always liked the R-Sport design, so was looking for an excuse
Then one day I printed the whole feature set of equally configured/loaded Prestige and R-Sport and literally compared each bit-by-bit for every optional and standard features. While R-Sport was almost ~2K more in price than Prestige I found it also had many extras as other members already mentioned in previous posts.
So I went and changed my order from Prestige to R-Sport.
I really didn't like the interior duel colour options on R-Sport so I went with Jet/Jet/Oyster instead of Oyster colour in Prestige that I really wanted. I felt compromise on interior colour is better than loosing on features that comes with R-Sport that Prestige simply does not have even after loading it fully.
In the end it's your call, so do what feel right to you with all information in your hand.
Good luck.
post #10 of 35 Old 09-07-2016, 09:01 PM

Lots of good reasons on both sides. I chose Prestige to get the interior I wanted. Like gave up a few electronic toys but got all of the driving stuff I wanted. I'm not a black pack guy so I am happy with the look and so are its many fans so far. Personal choice here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page