LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 08-31-2016, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Disable Auto Start/Stop?

Hi,

Researching the F-Pace, for my next SUV and can't find if the Auto Stop/Start can be disabled. I know it can be manually turned off with each restart, but can it be permanently disabled? I know with my BMW the dealer is allowed to code the ASS off per customer request? ( I hate this feature) And does the gas door lock? Read somewhere it does not.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-31-2016, 05:50 PM

Yes. There's a thread already. Search for it.
post #3 of 14 Old 08-31-2016, 06:00 PM

Greetings,

I don't even know what "start/stop" is!

I've been running my two beasts without that feature for more than a month now. Look for the thread to find out how easy this is to disconnect. The control panel switch is in the boot area and is where you disconnect this awful feature.

Wow, what a great feeling not to turn off that beautiful switch.

Best regards

2017 - F Pace First Edition
2017 - F Pace S
2014 - Corvette - C7 Stingray - 3 LT/Z51

post #4 of 14 Old 08-31-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wow, found the threads for Auto Stop /Start and can that be right - you have to mess with electrical connections to disable?
This is incredible. I have a listing of available coding options for BMW's . Had many of this done to my 650i M Edition. Just attach a laptop with the coding software to your OBD-II port and pick the mods you want. Everything from disable legal disclaimers & seat belt chimes to lighting changes (high beams & fogs at same time) to permanent disable ASS.

But short of that BMW dealers are allowed to turn off the ASS if the customer asks. Why has Jaguar not done this? No law against it.
post #5 of 14 Old 08-31-2016, 09:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Wow, found the threads for Auto Stop /Start and can that be right - you have to mess with electrical connections to disable?
This is incredible. I have a listing of available coding options for BMW's . Had many of this done to my 650i M Edition. Just attach a laptop with the coding software to your OBD-II port and pick the mods you want. Everything from disable legal disclaimers & seat belt chimes to lighting changes (high beams & fogs at same time) to permanent disable ASS.

But short of that BMW dealers are allowed to turn off the ASS if the customer asks. Why has Jaguar not done this? No law against it.
Jag dealers do have the power to do this with the software they have, but they refuse to do it when I've asked. I guess it's a Jag Corporate Policy or something. I know the BMW experience. My wife's 428 Xdrive convertible has start stop, but it's set by the dealership to default off.

Pulling the plug in the back really wasn't a big deal. I did the same thing Rock did some time ago.

2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - in the house
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible (wife) | 2014 Honda Pilot - Gone traded on F-Pace FE) | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - gone (Went to son) | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife) gone - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - Gone Son Totaled
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife) Gone - went to second oldest Son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - Gone traded on Infiniti
post #6 of 14 Old 08-31-2016, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
Jag dealers do have the power to do this with the software they have, but they refuse to do it when I've asked. I guess it's a Jag Corporate Policy or something. I know the BMW experience. My wife's 428 Xdrive convertible has start stop, but it's set by the dealership to default off.

Pulling the plug in the back really wasn't a big deal. I did the same thing Rock did some time ago.
Guess I don't understand why Jag dealers refuse to do it. What reason did they give? Since there is hard button to disable it, they allow the feature to be turned off. So why put the customer who does not wish to manually disable EVERY time they start the car through that? Could it be just that dealer? I just don't like the idea of screwing with the electronics in a modern vehicle. And in this case totally unnecessary. If I do go for a F-Pace next year, going to insist on disabling if they want the sale.
post #7 of 14 Old 09-01-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Guess I don't understand why Jag dealers refuse to do it. What reason did they give? Since there is hard button to disable it, they allow the feature to be turned off. So why put the customer who does not wish to manually disable EVERY time they start the car through that? Could it be just that dealer? I just don't like the idea of screwing with the electronics in a modern vehicle. And in this case totally unnecessary. If I do go for a F-Pace next year, going to insist on disabling if they want the sale.
They won't turn it off for you because it is part of meeting their required corporate fuel economy goals. Also, do you think ANY manufacturer would have anything to do with tampering with anything even remotely related to pollution reduction or energy efficiency after VW's billions of dollars fiasco?

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
post #8 of 14 Old 09-01-2016, 07:56 AM

Keep the A/C on. That should stop it kicking in.
post #9 of 14 Old 09-01-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Researching the F-Pace, for my next SUV and can't find if the Auto Stop/Start can be disabled. I know it can be manually turned off with each restart, but can it be permanently disabled? I know with my BMW the dealer is allowed to code the ASS off per customer request? ( I hate this feature) And does the gas door lock? Read somewhere it does not.

Thanks
As for the gas door, no, it does not lock.

2017 S-Type, Ultimate Black, Brogue Taurus Leather, Satin Ash Burl, Jet Morzine, C&C Pkg., Tech. Pkg., Lux. Int. Pkg. Took delivery August 26th.
post #10 of 14 Old 09-01-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZX-CO View Post
They won't turn it off for you because it is part of meeting their required corporate fuel economy goals. Also, do you think ANY manufacturer would have anything to do with tampering with anything even remotely related to pollution reduction or energy efficiency after VW's billions of dollars fiasco?
First, a number of car Mfg's WILL disable the auto stop/start or in BMW case - program it to remember last setting. So if you turn it off, it stays off permanently. If you want to use it, turn it on and it stays on. There is no federal statue on this.The car makers CAN turn it off without legal issues - this is not tampering.. And keep in mind ASS is not a requirement.. Why do you think they include a button to let you disable it? And the Mfg's really wink at this. Once they get the EPA certification with ASS, they could care less if you turn it off and get a tiny bit less MPG. This stupid feature is for their benefit not ours.
No sure how you can compare this to VW diesel intentional cheating scandal.

Last edited by mrjoed2; 09-01-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page