8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Cold Feet

My F-Pace S got pushed back another month last week. This is causing me to think about it more and more if it's really worth it. Right now I'm putting around in a Grand Cherokee. The question I have for you is, is this car really worth it?

Help me restore my confidence!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 01:35 PM

Good things come to those who wait.
post #3 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 01:43 PM

Hmmm...Pushed back one month... That's 4 weekends. Just plan something nice for those 4 weekends and wait for the weekend to njoy it and forgot about wait time. I am very sure one month will pass very soon. I would say wait for it. It is a very nice car to look and to drive

F-Pace S -- Italian Racing Red with 20" Black wheels with black pack

post #4 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG492 View Post
My F-Pace S got pushed back another month last week. This is causing me to think about it more and more if it's really worth it. Right now I'm putting around in a Grand Cherokee. The question I have for you is, is this car really worth it?

Yes, I am sure it is worth it, but the bigger question is WHY was it pushed back so much? When did you place the order and now when do you expect delivery?
post #5 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 02:51 PM

Garage
Quote:

Lad, think about what's going on. JLR doesn't want to make anymore cars with the substandard creaking suspension. That is the reason for the delay. Do you want it now with a creaking suspension,or wait a bit longer and get an F-Pace with the correct parts for the suspension?
deafsoundguy and kris like this.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows
post #6 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM

Garage
Mine is coming 7 weeks late but reached Georgia this morning. I own a 2013 Grand Cherokee Overland with only 7k miles. I cannot wait to trade it in on the FPace. The wait is worth it.
post #7 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek View Post
Lad, think about what's going on. JLR doesn't want to make anymore cars with the substandard creaking suspension. That is the reason for the delay. Do you want it now with a creaking suspension,or wait a bit longer and get an F-Pace with the correct parts for the suspension?
What kind of deal you think I could get on an S with a lot of creaking?
deafsoundguy and DallasTX2016 like this.
post #8 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I would assume the delay is because of the spoiler correction on the S trim.
post #9 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The original build date was 6/10 and delivery 7/29. The new build date is 7/1 and delivered 8/26.
post #10 of 34 Old 06-20-2016, 05:00 PM

Garage
Quote:

I thought hard about bailing on the F-Pace when mine was delayed, delayed, delayed with little to no explanation from the dealer.

I looked at Macans -- 10 to 15K more for an equivalent spec. Plus I had driven both the S and the Turbo at a Porsche event. Was not impressed in the least. (I was very impressed by the Cayman and 911)

So I hung in there. Picked my car up last Monday. Love, love, love it. So glad I did not bail on it due to frustration.
deafsoundguy likes this.

1967 Austin Healey 3000
2008 BMW M3 convertible
2017 Jaguar F-Pace S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page