8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
SSM73381 - Jaguar XF, XE and F Pace Front End Panel Gapping / Profiles

Note: very interesting to see this, has been an on and off complaint since early on, will probably add to the pre-delivery letter.

Reference SSM73381
Models F-PACE / X761
XE / X760
XF / X260
Title Jaguar XF, XE and F Pace Front End Panel Gapping / Profiles
Category Body
Last modified 12-Jun-2017 00:00:00
Symptom 111000 Body Panel(s)/Unibody

Content
Issue
X761 Jaguar F-pace, X760 Jaguar XE and X260 Jaguar XF Customers may report poor Bonnet to Front End Panel gapping / profiles

Cause
Several potential causes which Engineering are Investigating

Action
Should a customer report this concern, then prior to any rectification worked is carried out you are kindly requested to measure the gaps at the areas shown in the attached presentation then please email the measurements to ....

This is one photo out of several in instructions for measuring spacing/alignment:

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 12:11 PM

Garage
I've got this one ! It is not bad enough for me to make a special *105 Mile One Way Trip* to the dealer for ! Will get it looked at next time I'm there ! Good to see that they are still addressing many issues !

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #3 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 02:23 PM

City/State/Province: Macungie
I was noticing this at our Harrisburg meet and greet. The gaps were all over the map.
Some were quite pronounced
Mine is not the best, but I feel I can live with it.
Stephen Smith likes this.

2017 F-Pace 20d /Premium /Odyssey Red /Black Pack /Black Blades /Vision Pack /Navigation Pack /ICT /OE Trailer Hitch / Delivered 12/15/16

post #4 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 04:43 PM

Garage
Mine is consistent across the hood at least, but it's very wide, wider than I would like, but I haven't complained about it to get it fixed yet. I would very much like to have the gap that is shown on the F-Pace in the picture. Mine is about twice that distance.

2017 Caesium Blue F-Pace FE - in the house
| 2016 BMW 428i xDrive Convertible (wife) | 2014 Honda Pilot - Gone traded on F-Pace FE) | 2013 Honda Accord Coupe - gone (Went to son) | 2012 Audi Q7 (Wife) gone - Traded on Pilot | 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport - Gone Son Totaled
| 2004 Acura MDX (Wife) Gone - went to second oldest Son | 2002 Acura TL Type S - after market Supercharged - Gone traded on Infiniti
post #5 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA-FPace-F View Post
Mine is consistent across the hood at least, but it's very wide, wider than I would like, but I haven't complained about it to get it fixed yet. I would very much like to have the gap that is shown on the F-Pace in the picture. Mine is about twice that distance.
Exact same for me.
post #6 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 PM

Garage
Perhaps we could do well to actually post the measurements?

2017 F-Pace S Delivered 8/9/16
2005 XKR
2000 Jeep Wrangler
post #7 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theweeb View Post
Perhaps we could do well to actually post the measurements?
If you are referring to Jaguar's recommended measures there are none. The instructions just ask techs to measure the flush and gap measurements in mm and report back to Jaguar on an Excel worksheet.

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
post #8 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 07:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VZX-CO View Post
If you are referring to Jaguar's recommended measures there are none. The instructions just ask techs to measure the flush and gap measurements in mm and report back to Jaguar on an Excel worksheet.
Actually, I meant our own, might be an interesting exercise to see how far off we all are, to fully understand the extent of the problem.
ctufieldops likes this.

2017 F-Pace S Delivered 8/9/16
2005 XKR
2000 Jeep Wrangler
post #9 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 07:46 PM

Garage
I know Ive got this one on the left side between the side panel and front bumper/hood.

2017 Ultimate black Jaguar F-Pace S

- Tech pack
- Comfort & Convenience pack
- Black pack
- Activity key & heated windshield
Ceramic Pro covered

Previously owned 2015 Lexus GS 350 AWD (gone, traded for the Cat)
post #10 of 31 Old 06-13-2017, 10:25 PM

Garage
Add mine to the list. The area marked "1" for me sticks out from the vehicle. Very noticeable looking down the hood towards the front but I'll wait until I have to bring it in to get addressed.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page