1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 02-16-2017, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Rear Passenger seat belt issue in Prestige with Meridian System

Anyone with a Prestige and the Meridian Sound System (with the electric rear seats - both heating and recline as part of the comfort and convenience package) have an issue with the seat belts not retracting and actually getting stuck in a very loose position?

Both of my rear seat belts (not the middle passenger one) get stuck with tremendous slack when they are moved just a little bit from the standard position. Imagine you are a passenger in the rear and you move to your side to pick something up from the floor or look at something another rear passenger is showing you. The seat belt slacks to let you move, but when you return to your normal seating position, it does not retract and keeps the slack from the movement, making it practically useless! My SA and I looked at some other F-Paces in the lot but we didnt find one with my options to compare. All the other vehicles had belt stops and functioned properly. Mine has no belt stop so it does not seem to work right. You can see that the rear panels over the seat belt are different for each option - as I stated, I have the comfort and convenience package which provides the heated rear seats with electronic seat recline as well as the meridian sound system so my panels that go over the seat belts are pretty unique.

SA has opened a case with Jaguar and they are investigating but no word as of Monday. Sucks because I cant safely transport anyone in the back seat until this get fixed, especially not my 10 year old son who I usually have with me. Picking up my F-Pace today but imagine it will be back to the dealership within a week or two with some kind of fix. Not sure if this is a widespread issue with F-Paces having a similar build or just an issue with mine.

But if you have a Prestige with the comfort and convenience rear seats and the Meridian sound system, check your rear seat belts and make sure they work properly. Pull them far to the side and see if they get stuck and dont retract. Just a dangerous thing...

2017 Ebony Black Jaguar F-Pace Prestige Jet & Latte//Black Package//Vision Package//Tech Package//Comfort Package//Tinted
2014 Estoril Blue Audi SQ5 Prestige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 AM

Garage
I have the same configuration, so I'll check it next time I get in. Thanks for the heads up. I'll let you know if I experience the same issues.

2017 F-Pace 20d / Prestige / DSB / Latte Espresso / Technology Pack / Comfort & Conv Pack / Vision Pack / Heads Up Display / Heated Windscreen / Wifi / Sirius XM / Black Roof Rails / Trailer Hitch
post #3 of 20 Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM

I have an S model with comfort and convenience and Meridian which I assume would be the same as the Prestige. No problem with my seat belts in the back.

post #4 of 20 Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
We've had this problem in our S with the same packages a couple of times.
post #5 of 20 Old 02-17-2017, 02:17 PM

Garage
Just curious , what does having a Meridian Sound System have to do with the Seat Belt Function ?

2017 F-Pace S (Wifey's)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2013 Nissan Rogue (traded-in on F-Pace) - 2000 Saturn LS (sold in 2012 w/212,000 miles) - 1998 Suzuki Swift (sold in 2010 for $500) - 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #6 of 20 Old 02-27-2017, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
The Meridian Sound System has a different rear end compared to non Meridian systems. There are two speakers in the rear plastic housing (directly behind the rear seat on each side of the small window) that require a different configuration. So the seat belts sit differently.

The Jaguar Rep was at my Jaguar dealer on Thursday and they were supposed to get back to me on Friday but haven't. Left them a message Friday afternoon and this morning so will see if they get back to me. Otherwise, may be getting a case open with Jag NA and customer relations about it.

2017 Ebony Black Jaguar F-Pace Prestige Jet & Latte//Black Package//Vision Package//Tech Package//Comfort Package//Tinted
post #7 of 20 Old 02-27-2017, 12:23 PM

Garage
No issues with any of my rear seatbelts with the Comfort/Convenience and Tech package in my S. Not sure it would be any different in a Prestige.

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
post #8 of 20 Old 02-27-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Could just be a one off on mine...but still no word from Jag. Getting to the point that I want to call the customer relations office and make a stink about it. Not safe to transport anyone in the back seat outside of the middle seat.

post #9 of 20 Old 02-27-2017, 04:39 PM

According to the IIHS:
"There are mandatory safety belt laws in all states except New Hampshire. In some states, these laws cover front-seat occupants only, but belt laws in 28 states and the District of Columbia cover all rear-seat occupants, too.
Belt use laws in only 34 states and the District of Columbia are primary, meaning police may stop vehicles solely for belt law violations. In other jurisdictions, police must have some other reason to stop a vehicle before citing an occupant for failing to buckle up.
Safety belt use can have implications in civil suits ? 16 states allow the "safety belt defense," which can reduce damages collected by someone in a crash if the person failed to buckle up. The reduction is permitted only for injuries that would have been prevented by a belt."
Attached Images

MTHM likes this.
post #10 of 20 Old 02-27-2017, 04:52 PM

Garage
No issues with mine. Electric rear seat recline and ICT 380W Meridian. Maybe an issue with speaker placements on the ICTP 850W Meridian since there are additional speakers?

2017 F-Pace R-Sport / Ammonite / Black Pack / ICT

2013 LR4 HSE (her's)

2013 Evoque (F-Pace tade in)

2007 Corvette

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page