2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 06-11-2017, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

City/State/Province: Texas
(Thread Starter)
Vehicle stalling in the Signal

Hey,
I bought my F-PACE on Feb 01st and really liked it. It was fun to drive. Its 35t Premium and bought from Barret Jaguar San Antonio Texas. Today it stalled twice on the signal within about 2 minutes span. I was very fortunate it didn't happen in the highway and I don't event want to think about it.

Does anyone else experienced this problem?. What actions did you take to remedy the problem. I called the RoadSide assistance and they have scheduled a towing pickup and service. Now I have second thoughts on driving this vehicle. Even-though its fun, it doesn't look like the risk worth taking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I90Runner View Post
Hey,
I bought my F-PACE on Feb 01st and really liked it. It was fun to drive. Its 35t Premium and bought from Barret Jaguar San Antonio Texas. Today it stalled twice on the signal within about 2 minutes span. I was very fortunate it didn't happen in the highway and I don't event want to think about it.

Does anyone else experienced this problem?. What actions did you take to remedy the problem. I called the RoadSide assistance and they have scheduled a towing pickup and service. Now I have second thoughts on driving this vehicle. Even-though its fun, it doesn't look like the risk worth taking.

That sucks man. Did the car just die or did it cut off with auto stop/start and never recovered when you lift you foot off brake?
post #3 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 07:46 AM

Garage
Odd behavior for sure...I would let Jag get their hands on it and hopefully figure it out.

Keep us posted - its normal to have second thoughts, but let Jag attempt to fix it. It seems you haven't had any other issues, so hopefully this is a one off (like a ground disconnected or an issue with a wire somewhere).

2017 Ebony Black Jaguar F-Pace Prestige Jet & Latte//Black Package//Vision Package//Tech Package//Comfort Package//Tinted
2014 Estoril Blue Audi SQ5 Prestige

post #4 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
Quote:
Hey,

That sucks man. Did the car just die or did it cut off with auto stop/start and never recovered when you lift you foot off brake?
Yeah we have to ask because it's come up before...are you sure it wasn't start/stop engaging and disengaging? At long lights that's happen to us.
Trek likes this.
post #5 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 08:44 AM

I had my Cat stall on me during the Auto On/Off feature. When I let go of the break it tried to turn on but didn't. Thankfully it was not on the road but in a parking lot and a drive thru. Since then, I have disable the feature by removing the connection in the trunk (there is a great thread on it) and permanently disabled this so it won't happen again. I find the feature extremely annoying and hard on the engine and somewhat dangerous if you are trying to make a left turn in front of on coming traffic. I was not so worried about it with me but more with my wife since she does not drive the car that much.
DPK likes this.

My Garage:
  • 2017 Jaguar FPace S (Grey)
  • 2016 Lexus RX350 (White)
  • 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Black Cherry)
  • 2005 MB E320 CDI (Black)
  • 2002 Chevy Suburban (White)
  • 1976 Porsche 912E (Cherry Red)
post #6 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The dealership told me that they didn't have any issues with these models so far. They are looking into it and I will keep posted on updates in this thread. Hopefully it doesn't happen to anyone else.
post #7 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 11:36 AM
DPK

Consider what type od gas you have..ethanoil or pure?, top tier grade or 7-11 grade?

2017 F-Pace 35t-Prestige (The Silver Bullet)

2012 XF 5.0L BRG (The Green Hornet)
post #8 of 17 Old 06-12-2017, 01:34 PM

DPK - For me I only use premium gas from well known suppliers such as large grocery stores (Kroger) or Shell/Exxon and not from a hole in the wall station. I believe when it happened to me, it was almost a timing issue where I was tasking the engine with AC on full and I was pressing or take my foot off the brake at the same time the car was shut down and wanted to start up. Might of even happened when I was lightly pumping the brakes on/off which might of confused the system.....not really sure other than it happened and just do not like the feature not to mention the wear on the engine. The start up seems harsher when this feature is active vs a cold start up I do in the morning or after work. Seems to jerk the Cat, certainly not a smooth start up in my opinion compared to when I press my Cat's heartbeat button.

My Garage:
  • 2017 Jaguar FPace S (Grey)
  • 2016 Lexus RX350 (White)
  • 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (Black Cherry)
  • 2005 MB E320 CDI (Black)
  • 2002 Chevy Suburban (White)
  • 1976 Porsche 912E (Cherry Red)
post #9 of 17 Old 06-16-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Today I got my f-pace back and Jaguar technicians didn't find any diagnostic information or error codes from the system. Literally told me they can't really do much. I am hoping this doesn't happen.
post #10 of 17 Old 06-16-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Today I got my f-pace back and Jaguar technicians didn't find any diagnostic information or error codes from the system. Literally told me they can't really do much. I am hoping this doesn't happen.
I don't like that you are in this situation. I think soon we'll reach the point that black boxes on modern cars will be a must.

New To Cats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page