84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 224 Old 06-20-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Exhaust Note Disappointing

Considering we ordered our F-Pace S sight unseen like most of us, we are pleasantly surprised to find little to complain about with this vehicle once it arrived. We love it. There is one disappointment... the exhaust sounds marginal from the outside and completely wimpy from the inside. This is my wife's car and she is very disappointed with the exhaust sound.

She has always rolled her eyes when I mentioned aftermarket performance exhausts on my vehicles. Not this time. She actually supports looking into performance exhaust options as soon as they are developed. You know it must be bad if my wife is complaining. Assume it will take some time for some options to develop. Have't seen anything yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	baby jaguar.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	10137  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 224 Old 06-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Were you expecting the sound of a race car?

I'm not disappointed, it has a different type of growl, one that you might expect from a V-6 rather than a V-8. The aftermarket exhausts when they are available will make you happy but beware of the drone.

Mike

2017 F Pace S
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport

Last edited by MKenM; 06-20-2016 at 08:19 PM.
post #3 of 224 Old 06-20-2016, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Check out these guys if you are looking for an amazing exhaust. http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com I already contact them and they said they should have an exhaust system soon . You can hear some of their exhaust in many of the luxury cars that they make them for on the site . If you want to hear their exhaust on a F type YouTube.... seen through glass.

post #4 of 224 Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag Dog View Post
Considering we ordered our F-Pace S sight unseen like most of us, we are pleasantly surprised to find little to complain about with this vehicle once it arrived. We love it. There is one disappointment... the exhaust sounds marginal from the outside and completely wimpy from the inside. This is my wife's car and she is very disappointed with the exhaust sound.

She has always rolled her eyes when I mentioned aftermarket performance exhausts on my vehicles. Not this time. She actually supports looking into performance exhaust options as soon as they are developed. You know it must be bad if my wife is complaining. Assume it will take some time for some options to develop. Have't seen anything yet.
My concern was the opposite after reading and seeing videos on the F Pace. I do not want an every day driver with exhaust noise . When I test drove one about a month ago I was pleased that the sound was muted.
post #5 of 224 Old 06-23-2016, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1000 View Post
Check out these guys if you are looking for an amazing exhaust. QuickSilver Exhaust Systems I already contact them and they said they should have an exhaust system soon . You can hear some of their exhaust in many of the luxury cars that they make them for on the site . If you want to hear their exhaust on a F type YouTube.... seen through glass.
Thanks. I will check this out. My other car is an F-Type R, so I might have unrealistic expectations!
post #6 of 224 Old 06-23-2016, 01:20 PM

Garage
People, the exhaust sound in an S is excellent! According to reviewers, it is better than in the Macan I have to agree because I drove both the Macan S and Turbo without the expensive exhaust sound add-on. The f-Pace is much better.

Perhaps you are still in the break-in period and your wife hasn't exactly floored it yet. Gotta get the RPMs up, bro. Yesterday, I put mine in Dynamic and then turned the dial to "S". OMG! Using the paddles and a very heavy, there is all kinds of noise, so much so, people on foot were turning around and tracking my car, as I drove past.

2017 Jaguar F-Pace S First Edition - Caesium Blue w/Activity Key
Suntek Paint Protection Film - Full hood w/wrapped edges, full fenders w/wrapped edges, mirrors, front bumper w/grille pieces, rocker panels and headlights
Ceramic Pro full body + all windows + all four wheels
post #7 of 224 Old 06-23-2016, 01:48 PM
jim

The exhaust has to break-in, too...it'll sound best after ~500 miles.
Trek and Celtie like this.
post #8 of 224 Old 06-23-2016, 02:15 PM

Dynamic Mode button (checkered flag) + Sport Mode on transmission selector dial + using paddle shifters should get you to where you want to go with the exhaust note.
deafsoundguy, Trek and PemM34%2 like this.

2017 F-Pace S - Rhodium, 22" Dbl Helix Silver, w/ most trimmings except D/A package.
2013 XF loaded
2010 XF Prem Lux V8 w B&W
2007 Infiniti M35x
post #9 of 224 Old 06-23-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
The exhaust has to break-in, too...it'll sound best after ~500 miles.
Broke in my headlights and tail lights, now they shine brighter...

Currently waiting for my wheels to break in, heard that could take up to 2000 miles.
Okie, OneTwo and GRVR like this.
post #10 of 224 Old 06-23-2016, 02:29 PM

The picture you included says it all-love it. Your new jag's engine is a baby and with TLC during the break in your cat's growl will develop. It is a different sound than the V-8 in my XF. Unique to the F-Pace.

F-Pace Prestige, Odyssey Red, Due Aug 15th
2010 XF Lux, Black with Barley
2007 MDX Sport, Black on Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page