13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 Old 06-04-2016, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
InControl Route Planner - Bug

I eagerly tried out the InControl Route Planner functionality with disappointing results. I entered a destination on the iPhone app and then entered the FP. A screen popped up saying a route was being pushed from my iPhone, but the center screen in the FP was jerking around and I was not able to accept or reject the address. I had to turn the car off and on to clear the screen.

Anyone else have this issue? Hoping there is a bug fix. I did not ask my dealer if they flashed all the software updates before delivery. That is my next call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 05:20 AM

I can't seem to get that far. My phone app keeps saying no connected car? Can't figure out where to connect or register it in the car? Any help is appreciated. Sounds like you cracked that code. I'm sure it's something simple!
post #3 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 05:52 AM

Same problem here. It is not possible to add my car to my profile. And (therefore?) not possible to find a car when using the app. Driving me crazy. Probably just a little bug. But where and what to do about it. Dealer no help. Jaguar did s bad job when it comes to in control touch pro. ??

post #4 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 06:06 AM

My car is connected and findable with the Jaguar Remote app, just not connected on the Route Planner.
post #5 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 06:11 AM

Same here. Remote is installed by dealer and works. But route doesn't work since car can't be added to profile. Look at uk page. Same problem namely bad software engineers in combination with bad costumer information and untrained dealers.
post #6 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 12:01 PM

Prerequisite check:

Ensure you have the incontrol PRO ( the big screen one) The reason is the route planner does not work with the standard incontrol ( the small screen with dedicated buttons).
post #7 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 PM

I have the big ICT Pro. And it doesn't work though
post #8 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 04:00 PM

If you look at the Android app, there is LOTs of very negative feedback about how this system interfaces (or doesn't) with Android. I hope iphone is better.

2017 R Sport BRG, 20d, Heads up display, ICTP, Cold Climate, Vision, Comfort Package.
post #9 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 04:12 PM

Apple Apps Store reviews equally scathing

British Racing Green S with all the trimmings, Built 7/4/2016, delivered 8/22/16. Love it! BRG Grand Duke of Western Colorado Territories (minus Roaring Fork Valley) and Parts of Denver City
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 57 Old 06-05-2016, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I followed the set-up instructions in the InControl Setup Guide brochure that came with the car. Had no problems getting the car set-up.
Peter, Naromo, VZX-CO and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page