20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 78 Old 05-29-2016, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
JB1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 463
(Thread Starter)
Text messages

Can you receive text messages on the Fpace ? Meaning when you get a text message from someone does it pop up on the screen or do you get a notification on the screen and are able to read them ? My MB did this and I thought I saw sonewhere that the F Pace did too .
JB1000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 78 Old 05-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 32
Worked with an Android but not an iPhone.
Dafuture is offline  
post #3 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
JB1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 463
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafuture View Post
Worked with an Android but not an iPhone.
Had an lg g4 and it didn't work , so I went out and got the Samsung s7 edge and it's still not working. What android did it work on for you?
JB1000 is offline  
 
post #4 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 557
Garage
I believe it also depends on what version of InControl Touch you have. The regular (non-tech pack) version with the fixed buttons DOES include text messaging capabilities, but all documentation for the 10.2" touch screen interface the comes with InControl Touch Pro indicates that is does not come with it. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one...

----------------
2017 F-Pace S
2013 RR Evoque
2006 X-Type
2002 X-Type
2004 Discovery Series II
Peter is offline  
post #5 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
JB1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 463
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I believe it also depends on what version of InControl Touch you have. The regular (non-tech pack) version with the fixed buttons DOES include text messaging capabilities, but all documentation for the 10.2" touch screen interface the comes with InControl Touch Pro indicates that is does not come with it. I'd love to be proven wrong on this one...
I also hope you are wrong because I have the tech package. It would be weird to me if this is the case.
JB1000 is offline  
post #6 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
JB1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 463
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1000 View Post
Can you receive text messages on the Fpace ? Meaning when you get a text message from someone does it pop up on the screen or do you get a notification on the screen and are able to read them ? My MB did this and I thought I saw sonewhere that the F Pace did too .
I guess I should have stated that I have the tech package ( 10.2 inch screen ) in my original post.
JB1000 is offline  
post #7 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 02:28 AM
Senior Member
 
deafsoundguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Portland Oregon sometimes called Priusville
Posts: 450
If it's any help, the second my wife paired her phone with our stock ICT system she got a text in our car. She has a Samsung Galaxy S5. I haven't yet, but sure it will work on my Samsung Note 4. I can do this with my new Dodge cargo van too, so it must not be too tech crazy.

What's weird in my Dodge is when you hit "listen" the voice reads back as female. So when my testosterone crazed friends text me and it comes through with a female voice my head just spins counterclockwise
deafsoundguy is offline  
post #8 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 06:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 16
Its very simple to do on iPhone 4, 5 and 6. To turn the text feature on first connect your device via bluetooth to your car's compatible multimedia centre as you would do normally to make hands free calls. Then on your iphone go to your bluetooth settings,select the connection for your car, click the blue circle exclamation point and the select "Show Notification" by toggling it on. Very simple! Not sure why all the convoluted answers in this forum! Hope this helps! Sorry don't know anything about other manufactures, but could be the same.
Houston, Msandve and Thunder like this.
jimbo is offline  
post #9 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 07:47 AM
EAD
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 97
Integrated text-to-voice technology reduces distraction by reading out incoming text messages. You can easily respond with short, prepared messages.

The preceding "bullet point" was included in the online F Pace brochure section on In Touch Control.
EAD is online now  
post #10 of 78 Old 05-30-2016, 08:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
Its very simple to do on iPhone 4, 5 and 6. To turn the text feature on first connect your device via bluetooth to your car's compatible multimedia centre as you would do normally to make hands free calls. Then on your iphone go to your bluetooth settings,select the connection for your car, click the blue circle exclamation point and the select "Show Notification" by toggling it on. Very simple! Not sure why all the convoluted answers in this forum! Hope this helps! Sorry don't know anything about other manufactures, but could be the same.
Thanks for the tip. Just got the wife's FPace home. Been doing this in my BMW for years, so this shouldn't be any big deal these days.
CE750Jockey is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome