20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
InControl Touch or Pro

Trying to decide if the Pro version of Incontrol Touch is worth it for $3100. Besides the virtual dash and the 10.2 inch center display, what other advantages does it offer? Will it offer new capabilities thru upgrades?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srichhaya View Post
Trying to decide if the Pro version of Incontrol Touch is worth it for $3100. Besides the virtual dash and the 10.2 inch center display, what other advantages does it offer? Will it offer new capabilities thru upgrades?
You also get the upgraded sound system if you care about that kind of stuff.

It basically has the latest and greatest tech stuff. If you're not into tech, then don't bother but it looks like that's the way of the future with Jaguar. It'll help with resell but I doubt it will by much. Since it is the latest and greatest tech from Jag, I'm sure there will be a ton of software advantages since it has extra real estate to execute on. Speaking of, try downloading the Jaguar InTouch Tour app from your iPhone or IPhone plus (or any phablet phone), that's where extra real estate can offer "extra capabilities".

Link to the app: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/jagu...928033064?mt=8

It's also labeled as "Pro" so you get that bonus too
hookah likes this.
post #3 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 01:16 AM

Speaking of extra capabilities, Volvo announced an integrated Spotify app for their new cars. I hope Jaguar is watching and steps up. We are paying an extra $3100, can I at least get a Spotify app?

post #4 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 09:35 AM

I thing it worth, plus you will have a DVD/CD slot as well with this option.
hookah likes this.
post #5 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Things I can live without vds. things I need

The upgraded sound system and lack of CD player I can live without. My 2010XF has the standard Jaguar audio and it sounds fine. So as long as the base audio is at least comparable to the 2010 XF, I would be okay. It's hard to know since the car is new and not available for Demo.

One of the problems with the current 2010 XF dash is the instrument panel is dim with poor contrast during daytime- I cannot even read the speed. I don't understand why the speedometer goes to 180 MPH when the most one drives at is about 75 MPH- using less than half the dial. And around here the road speed limits are 25-35-45 MPH which is even harder to read on a dial that has poor contrast. So a instrument panel with digital readout of speed is essential.

Another peeve is the small size of the Nav screen in the 2010 XF. I turned 60 this year so the eyes are getting worse. The text is too small, as are the buttons, to read while driving. If the F-Pace 8" Nav display is better, I can avoid going with the Tech Package. I know the Tech package uses SSD drive so it is faster. However is there also a faster processor in it? the 2010 XF system is quite balky- even when refreshing the display.
post #6 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Tbw

ICT Pro seems reactive...

Incontrol Touch Pro preview video

2017 F-Pace First Edition 3.0D V6 Ceasium Blue
2006 Porsche Boxster
_________________________________Previous____
2012 Jaguar XFS
2009 Audi A5 S-Line
2005 BMW E60 525D
2001 BMW E39 525D
post #7 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 07:31 PM

I had the same problem, before I went Philadelphia show. My order had a regular Pro system, because I want to save some money, and I agree with you, that I could survive without CD drive , but after sitting in a car and looking at a new design and assuming, that I will have "old design system with buttons" (and you could see it in F-type , which is two feet away from F-pace in a show)- can not stand it, and next day I changed my order, for my taste it will not match all other details inside. So my suggestion go with PRO.
post #8 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 08:44 PM

The Pro has a solid state drive, which is supposed to provide iPad-like response times. Having test driven other cars (MB, Acura) with touch screens with molassas-like response to zoom/pan and touch response, I'm hoping the Pro comes through. I've only seen demo-modes on videos, though.
post #9 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anenoso View Post
Speaking of extra capabilities, Volvo announced an integrated Spotify app for their new cars. I hope Jaguar is watching and steps up. We are paying an extra $3100, can I at least get a Spotify app?
They need to stop this. All manufacturers need to stop this. Turn over infotainment systems to Apple and Google and let it be a consistent user experience rather than the "release a new feature and never update it" mentality from auto manufacturers.
post #10 of 44 Old 02-23-2016, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWreck View Post
They need to stop this. All manufacturers need to stop this. Turn over infotainment systems to Apple and Google and let it be a consistent user experience rather than the "release a new feature and never update it" mentality from auto manufacturers.
Agreed. No doubt this walled garden approach of Jag and others is doomed to fail and we will be stuck with an software that is never updated in a few years IMO. The 2017 Macan supports CarPlay, which is a huge plus IMO.

The manufacturers know they can't do it better than Apple/Google, they just are unwilling to give them access to all that data--they want to keep it for themselves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page