39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 Old 03-22-2017, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Easter Eggs

Hi All -

First time posting as I just got my FP this past weekend. I have owned Wranglers / FJ Cruiser / JGC in the past, and all of those forums all had a section for "Easter Eggs." AKA... little surprises that would benefit everyone to learn from. I have been reading the forum for the past week or so before posting in an effort not to repeat anyone's previous work, but I couldn't find a thread on "Easter Eggs." (the timing isn't so bad either)

So... here's my first one.

Most of you have probably noticed the HDMI port in the cubby. It's a strange port to be in a car that doesn't have a screen for the back seat passengers. Well, I just had to play around with it.

With a simple HDMI cord and Lightning-to-HDMI adapter (picture below), I was able to connect my phone to the screen. Once you plug it in, go to source on the ICTP screen (unsure is this works with basis ICT) and click on HDMI and voila! The picture on your phone will now be on your screen. If you have some sort of streaming video service (I was using Direct TV Now) you can watch TV and the quality is great. Note: as expected, and as it should, this only works in Park.

What other Easter Eggs has everyone else found / figured out?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0447.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	311.4 KB
ID:	33050   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0448.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	33058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	33082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0452.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	33090  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 Old 03-24-2017, 01:04 PM

Garage
Maybe common knowledge, but inside trunk (boot) release button also closes the hatch. Pretty slick.

Ordered 10/3/16 Built 11/4/16 Delivered 12/8/16
F-Pace S: IRR/Brogue/Satin Ash Burl/Oyster HL/Pano w Roof Rails/20" Blades.
Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.
Heads Up Display, Tow Hitch Receiver, Activity Key

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 53 Old 03-24-2017, 09:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Maybe common knowledge, but inside trunk (boot) release button also closes the hatch. Pretty slick.
This knowledge is so "common" , that even *GR* knew about it !!!

But , did you know that you can even *preset* the hatch to STOP raising at a certain height , so that it won't be out of reach for shorter people ??? *VR* likes that feature !!!

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #4 of 53 Old 03-24-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVR View Post
This knowledge is so "common" , that even *GR* knew about it !!!

But , did you know that you can even *preset* the hatch to STOP raising at a certain height , so that it won't be out of reach for shorter people ??? *VR* likes that feature !!!
And I thought that was so it wouldn't hit my rather low ceiling in my garage.
GRVR likes this.

TurboCat - 2018 BRG 20d R-Sport on order; Oyster/Lime stitch interior, black pack, black 20" blade wheels, and pretty much the whole bag of chips except HUD and heated windshield.
post #5 of 53 Old 03-25-2017, 12:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVR View Post
That one I knew after having mini coronary during first opening in garage. Consulted manual and reset height lower.
GRVR likes this.

Packages: Comfort and Convenience, Luxury Interior, Driver Assistance, Technology.

post #6 of 53 Old 03-25-2017, 12:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
That one I knew after having mini coronary during first opening in garage. Consulted manual and reset height lower.
Wow Skyking: a doghouse with an airplane hanger and attached garage! I just can't compete!
GRVR likes this.

9/16 Delivery, Vin 075***, Odyssey Red S, Black Pack, 20" Blade 5 spoke/Goodyear A/S, Verde 20" Saga BLk/Pirelli Winters, Brogue/Taurus, Meshed Aluminum, Light Oyster Morzine, C & C, Tech, HUD, Retractable Steps, Tow Hitch, Roof Rails, Ski Rack, Rubber mats in cab/luggage compartment, Luggage Rails and Retention Kit, Bumper Protector, Thule Flow cargo box ....Steep N' Deep!
Gallery:
post #7 of 53 Old 03-26-2017, 12:17 PM

Garage
You forgot about the boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1060.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	33498  
bpmba, GRVR and Rifleman62 like this.

post #8 of 53 Old 03-26-2017, 12:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
You forgot about the boat!
That is just TOO COOL !!! That looks like one HAPPY PUP !!!

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #9 of 53 Old 03-26-2017, 02:04 PM

One egg I found is that when I am on the phone, the turn signal mutes. I know that is a goofy thing but it annoys me when on the phone how loud the signal can be to the other person. Kudos on the details JLR.
GRVR likes this.

There's a time to think, and a time to act. And this, gentlemen, is no time to think.
post #10 of 53 Old 03-26-2017, 03:47 PM

Most ICTP owners feel a bit let down by the lack of voice input for Nav (and rightfully so IMO, but please let's not debate this here for the umpteenth time again).

In case some owners are not aware of it, a relatively unusual feature (these days) is the facility that lets (your passenger) input (type) search terms or addresses into Nav while the vehicle is in motion.

And again, please don't hijack this thread into an endless debate as to whether that should be allowed, is really safe or that someone should write to the NHTSA about it .... that's all been done before.

It's just that, if you didn't know about it, you may find it useful, when you have a passenger in the seat next to you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page