LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-16-2017, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Plug in and auto play music for ICT?

Hi˜

Mine is ICT.

I recall that when I first time jumped in my car and plugged in my iphone, the music was auto played... and even though the music was played via the bluetooth, the source would also be changed to the ipod after plugging in my iphone (the same music would continue playing with a very short pause), since I clearly remembered that the sound became higher while source changed from bluetooth to ipod...

However right now... whenever I plugged in my iphone, the music would not be played automatically... Does anyone have the same issue? Or did I do or set something wrongly..? Is there a way to play the music automatically after plugging in iphone..?

Thanks˜˜
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-20-2017, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hi anyone knows please? Thanks!
post #3 of 6 Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg222 View Post
I recall that when I first time jumped in my car and plugged in my iphone, the music was auto played...
Just got my car and ICT the other day so don't have a lot of experience with it, but iPhone bluetooth music has resumed each time I've started the car. Not sure about interactions when there is an iPod connected also...

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. Delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-23-2017, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLockhart View Post
Just got my car and ICT the other day so don't have a lot of experience with it, but iPhone bluetooth music has resumed each time I've started the car. Not sure about interactions when there is an iPod connected also...
Thanks. I usually plug in my iphone while driving. The problem is that the source can be either bluetooth or USB, which means the source can be only USB while being plugged in....

I found the ICT will keep the previous time "Media Source" while starting the car. But I really prefer the USB source has a priority and music can be played automatically after plugging in...
post #5 of 6 Old 03-23-2017, 03:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg222 View Post
Thanks. I usually plug in my iphone while driving...
Played with this a bit more, and think I see what you do:
If car is stopped with bluetooth music, it will use bluetooth music when the car is started.
If phone is plugged in after that, the audio source reverts to the previous audio source which was not bluetooth or ipod. Ipod is listed as available and music picks up where it left off when selected.
If phone is unplugged, the audio source reverts to the previous audio source which was not bluetooth or ipod. Bluetooth does not return as a menu item (??!!).
If bluetooth does not appear as a menu item, phone needs to be re-connected using the phone menu.
This is with an iPhone 6 and latest iOS 10.2.1. hth

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. Delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-24-2017, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLockhart View Post
Played with this a bit more, and think I see what you do:
If car is stopped with bluetooth music, it will use bluetooth music when the car is started.
If phone is plugged in after that, the audio source reverts to the previous audio source which was not bluetooth or ipod. Ipod is listed as available and music picks up where it left off when selected.
If phone is unplugged, the audio source reverts to the previous audio source which was not bluetooth or ipod. Bluetooth does not return as a menu item (??!!).
If bluetooth does not appear as a menu item, phone needs to be re-connected using the phone menu.
This is with an iPhone 6 and latest iOS 10.2.1. hth
Thanks TLockhart!!

Really helpful and totally agreed! Sometimes the bluetooth does not return as a menu item... and the phone has to be reconnected... kinda inconvenient....
If the phone is plugged while bluetoothing the music, I recalled that the sound could be changed to ipod source, though this was my first time driving experience the day I got the car...........

Hopefully, JR could upgrade the system better.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page