232Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
ICTP "Oct Superupdate"

The ICTP "Superupdate" that is rumored to launch in late October is the next event that has the potential to improve the experience many of us have with our F-Paces. We should be tracking it closely on this forum, and I'd like to propose we use this separate thread to do so.

We had a good conversation going in another thread, but a flameout got too personal, caused some key members to leave and got the thread closed by the Admins. I'd like to also suggest that we avoid that behavior here, and use this space to share news of the launch, and then identify fixes (or lack of fixes) once live.

The latest rumor that I've heard is that after a delay, it is scheduled for a late-October release to the public, and that the JLR Dealer Service Dept's tools are being currently being updated to support the new version. Unfortunately, I believe that the member that relayed this info is no longer with us and can't elaborate.

Has anyone heard any news on the update, confirmed or otherwise?
Split_Comms, drdomm and Caymus like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackle View Post
The ICTP "Superupdate" that is rumored to launch in late October is the next event that has the potential to improve the experience many of us have with our F-Paces. We should be tracking it closely on this forum, and I'd like to propose we use this separate thread to do so.

We had a good conversation going in another thread, but a flameout got too personal, caused some key members to leave and got the thread closed by the Admins. I'd like to also suggest that we avoid that behavior here, and use this space to share news of the launch, and then identify fixes (or lack of fixes) once live.

The latest rumor that I've heard is that after a delay, it is scheduled for a late-October release to the public, and that the JLR Dealer Service Dept's tools are being currently being updated to support the new version. Unfortunately, I believe that the member that relayed this info is no longer with us and can't elaborate.

I have a friend who is a Jag mechanic, and he confirmed last Friday that he was given a "heads up" that the big update was indeed coming, but no firm date. He said 1500 updates for various systems. Yesterday, he said he did the most recent ICTP update (I think the techs are in the dark as to whether or not this is the "big" update, or simply another one), but he said it took 2.5 hours to implement it, so his feeling was, it was big. That's all I know...
Split_Comms likes this.

2017 R Sport BRG, 20d, Heads up display, ICTP, Cold Climate, Vision, Comfort Package.
post #3 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvn300 View Post
Quote:

I have a friend who is a Jag mechanic, and he confirmed last Friday that he was given a "heads up" that the big update was indeed coming, but no firm date. He said 1500 updates for various systems. Yesterday, he said he did the most recent ICTP update (I think the techs are in the dark as to whether or not this is the "big" update, or simply another one), but he said it took 2.5 hours to implement it, so his feeling was, it was big. That's all I know...
I got this update on Saturday and my service department or advisor also had no clue it was the " big " update ... all I know is I can't connect to Internet at all over 3g or wifi , even though it says my car is connected

post #4 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvn300 View Post

Thanks for sharing TVN. I once had my entire ICTP system rebuilt when the Service department messed up an update and accidentally bricked it. That also took about 2.5hrs, so it sounds like that's the rough duration of a complete system flash.

That could be the Superupdate, but it will be hard to tell by just duration alone. Any changes, even 1,500, will likely just rewrite existing code, not add so much more to increase the load time noticeably. When it comes, we'll need to diagnose from our own experiences. Or maybe they'll provide release notes.
post #5 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1000 View Post
I got this update on Saturday and my service department or advisor also had no clue it was the " big " update ... all I know is I can't connect to Internet at all over 3g or wifi , even though it says my car is connected
1. Was this happening before?
2. Did it fix anything?
post #6 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 09:07 PM

Garage
I went in on Oct. 8th for what my service dept. said was the "BIG" Update , but I don't think it was , after reading posts on this Forum , saying the BIG Update hasn't come out yet ! But , I was having Radio Freeze-Ups and CD problems , which were only happening once in a blue moon , but after the Update my wife says the issues are happening EVERYDAY now ! So ,SHE'S not too Happy , but I asked her to PLEASE be Patient ! I hope this next one does the Trick ! Fingers Crossed !
PemM34%2 likes this.

2017 F-Pace S (Wifey's)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2013 Nissan Rogue (traded-in on F-Pace) - 2000 Saturn LS (sold in 2012 w/212,000 miles) - 1998 Suzuki Swift (sold in 2010 for $500) - 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #7 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 10:00 PM

I just took delivery of fpace today..service manager advised big update coming 26 th October will wait and see..
GRVR likes this.
post #8 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Lets see if I can help a little here. I'm going to make this thread a "Sticky".

I have a similar thread that is posted under:

Jaguar F-Pace Service, Maintenance And Troubleshooting
F-Pace Issues And Problems
Firmware/Software Problems with ICT/ICTP/Infotainment Systems

Between the two hopefully everyone will stay informed.
GRVR, Caymus and Daenerys like this.

Mike

2017 F Pace S

2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport

2015 Lexus RC350 F Sport

2012 Corvette Grand Sport
post #9 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1000 View Post
1. Was this happening before?
2. Did it fix anything?
It's worked perfectly before . Now I have this problem .
post #10 of 445 Old 10-20-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM View Post
I just took delivery of fpace today..service manager advised big update coming 26 th October will wait and see..
I was just told the same thing by the owner of my dealer. The big update was coming October 26th and that he would have the service department give me a ring to schedule it after they get their equipment updated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017 F Pace S, Polaris White, Black Pack, 20" Black Blades, Red/Jet Interior, Roof Rails, Tow Package, Tech pack, HUD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page