3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 06-18-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Diesel problems?

Unlike the forms for the other diesel vehicles I own, the F-Pace diesel forum is not full of posts with mechanical and emission problems. Is the Ingenium 2.0 a better design or have we just been lucky. If anyone has experienced some problems, shout it out with a post.

After 19k miles our 2.0D remains trouble free. No CELs for anything. No emission problems whatsoever, and the cold weather performance proved to be excellent. The economy has settled in at about 42mpg @ 70mph. It is unusual for a new design to not have a glitch or two. So, either there are no problems, or those with problems have remained silent.

I am curious to know how well the Ingenium EGR design is at keeping soot out of our diesels. The EGR exhaust pickup line is aft of the DPF and is supposed to eliminate soot. Anyone had a look into the intake yet to verify this?

Also, has anyone found a tuner in the USA that has developed a suitable tune yet? I have to talked to several reputable tuners, but without demand they have not even considered tuning the 2.0D yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM

That is good to hear and I echo your thoughts... The diesel forum seems to be pretty dead here and I haven't figured out either if that is good or bad... But I'm thinking good ! The JGC forum is active and full of early on initial problems, complaints, and actually a few praises... I've had a few issues in 52 k of driving, but other than a recall on the SCR/Cat converter replaced under warranty, none have been engine related... 10K Oil changes with cheap Rotella T6, uses no oil, and runs strong and dependably... very happy...!

We hope and expect the Ingenium to exceed the VM Motori in mileage and suitability for the Cat. I also think the ZF 8 speed is the perfect transmission for the vehicle if the shift points are accurately programmed to utilize the meat of the 20D torque range. If done properly, the 180 HP will feel much stronger along with outstanding mileage and comfort.

I would like to see more posts about real world driving experiences good and bad with it, along with any good maintenance info that others have discovered like oil changes, any DPF plugging issues from short trip driving, ( Was a JGC early issue..) and fuel filter location and changes, ( Critical to happy diesels !) and what kind of range per tank people are getting. If everything is good.. lets hear it ! But from everything I have read and gleaned, the 2.0 Ingenium has so far proven to be a solid and dependable newcomer....

On Order: 2018 Fuji White 20D R-Sport,20" Black Wheels, Black roof rails, Jet & Oyster seats, Black Pack, Convenience Pack, Lux Pack, Tech Pack, Activity Key... Del'y est. 7-5-2018

Other vehicles:
2014 Jeep GC Summit 3.0 CRD
2004 Ram 2500 Cummins No CAT or SCR. Last year for it.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-18-2017, 05:00 PM

Garage
No problems here. 6500 miles. Average mp tank 480 to 500. Mixed driving. No long
trip yet

Prestige 2.0 BRG. Latte interior, black hdliner, alum mesh. Roof rails. Adaptive dynamics, heated windshield ,activity key, HUD. Forgot my roof rails

ZOOM ZOOM

post #4 of 12 Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 PM

City/State/Province: Macungie
I only have 4500 miles on mine so far. No issues to report. Very responsive and quiet motor. Most people have no idea it's a diesel until I tell them. Will be doing the first oil change at ~7k miles.
So far I am very pleased with this engine.

2017 F-Pace 20d /Premium /Odyssey Red /Black Pack /Black Blades /Vision Pack /Navigation Pack /ICT /OE Trailer Hitch / Delivered 12/15/16
post #5 of 12 Old 06-19-2017, 12:48 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have accomplished two oil changes already. I use a mityvac to extract the oil and ordered my filters (JDE37128) from a Jag dealer who was selling parts on eBay. Think I paid $17.00 each for three filters. Your local dealer will have the filters and oil at fairly reasonable prices also.

Plan on doing the fuel and air filter at 20k. Will let everyone know how that goes.

All of our diesels are driven on the highway enough to accomplish adequate regens. For those who do short commutes or lots of stop and go, please report if you experience any issues with your DPF.

When I do the the fuel and air filter I will take a look down through the throttle valve and see if the intake is truly soot free. I hope that it is. Ideally I would like to find a tune that shuts off the EGR, but for now am hoping that Jags new design does eliminate the soot.

We have not experienced the squeaky springs, infotainment, or holes in leather problems that others on the forum have reported. While I am glad we have no problems to report, it is unusual to not have at least one or two glitches in 19k miles of driving.
stbentoak likes this.
post #6 of 12 Old 06-19-2017, 06:44 AM

Is there any clear consensus on exactly how long a run is good to keep the particulate filter problem at bay?

I have a 15 mile commute that takes 25-50 minutes depending on traffic (25 min is essentially without idling) and am wondering if that will be enough.
post #7 of 12 Old 06-19-2017, 08:04 AM

My commute is 15 miles/45 minutes each way (heavy idling) and I've never had the particulate filter light thingy come on. I do make it a point every other weekend or so to go out for a drive that moves faster than my commute (harder than you might think around NoVa!). And to-date, overall, my cat has been perfect (~7K miles).

It's home where it belongs: Premium 2.0d, Italian Racing Red/Latte, Cold Climate Pack, Vision Pack, Nav Pack, SXM Radio, WiFi, Activity Key.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-19-2017, 10:20 AM

Garage
4500 miles with one dash warning light linked to one CEL (thrown twice within a couple of hundred miles) indicating a "stuck" DEF level sensor. The error hasn't been thrown since but requires service intervention to clear.
The owner's manual for this dash light indicates that the vehicle may go into "limp home" mode, but the light is linked to several CELs and for this particular issue it will not. However if the sensor decides to "stick" at zero then the vehicle will not start. No matter what. Pretty sure that is the case for any DEF-equipped vehicle.
This vehicle with this engine is a joy to drive and I'd get it again in a heartbeat.

2017 BRG 20d Prestige, 19" wheels, ICT, Adaptive Dynamics, aluminum trim, roof rails, and hitch. 889442 built 2017-02-05, delivered 2017-03-16.
1960 MGA 1600 roadster, white. Owned since 1975
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins diesel with 300,000 miles.
post #9 of 12 Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmba View Post
My commute is 15 miles/45 minutes each way (heavy idling) and I've never had the particulate filter light thingy come on. I do make it a point every other weekend or so to go out for a drive that moves faster than my commute (harder than you might think around NoVa!). And to-date, overall, my cat has been perfect (~7K miles).
Well it sounds like we need to go ahead and start planning another *MEET & GREET* , so we can get your Cat back out on the Open Road and *Turn It Up* !!!
So she can Stretch Her Legs a little bit , and give Her a Good Run !!!
bpmba likes this.

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #10 of 12 Old 06-20-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRVR View Post
Well it sounds like we need to go ahead and start planning another *MEET & GREET* , so we can get your Cat back out on the Open Road and *Turn It Up* !!!
So she can Stretch Her Legs a little bit , and give Her a Good Run !!!
Sounds like a plan to me, @GRVR !
GRVR likes this.

It's home where it belongs: Premium 2.0d, Italian Racing Red/Latte, Cold Climate Pack, Vision Pack, Nav Pack, SXM Radio, WiFi, Activity Key.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page