12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2018 Jaguar F-Type Gets New Base 4-Cylinder Engine, Cheaper Entry Price

Quote:
"The refreshed 2018 Jaguar F-Type will head to U.S. dealerships later this year with a starting price of $60,895 including destination.

Currently, the 2017 Jaguar F-Type starts from $62,395 but it comes standard with a 3.0-liter V6 engine providing 340 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque. To give buyers more choice, the British automaker has added a new four-cylinder engine variant to the lineup that helps bring the entry-level price down. As a result, there will be a total of 24 derivatives available on the 2018 Jaguar F-Type lineup.

The all-new four-cylinder Ingenium powertrain is a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine with 296 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque. The result is a zero-to-60 mph time of 5.4 seconds on its way to a top speed of 155 mph. The four-cylinder mill is paired to an eight-speed Quickshift transmission."
Read more about the 2018 Jaguar F-Type Gets New Base 4-Cylinder Engine, Cheaper Entry Price at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM

I think this is a good move for Jaguar and perhaps my car of the future, once the kids move out. I have never sat in an F Type. Anybody know if it can seat tall people comfortably? I am 6-3.
post #3 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM

It needs a manual and a cheap "club sport" edition or something with cloth seats and no frills. That would be awesome. The V-6 with 6 speed manual is still the sweet spot in the F Type range.

2017 F Pace S - BRG/Brogue

post #4 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 01:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGluck View Post
I think this is a good move for Jaguar and perhaps my car of the future, once the kids move out. I have never sat in an F Type. Anybody know if it can seat tall people comfortably? I am 6-3.
Im 6'2" and sat in an F-type R at the dealership... they nearly talked me into leasing one haha. Fit was nearly perfect and had a TON of adjustability. The seats were so much better than those in the F-pace... but at $120,000 dollars it better be.
post #5 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverdude View Post
It needs a manual and a cheap "club sport" edition or something with cloth seats and no frills. That would be awesome. The V-6 with 6 speed manual is still the sweet spot in the F Type range.
According to some "experts" on this forum, no luxury brand should have a no frills option as it would hurt their brand. Apparently Jaguar has a lot to learn about diversifying their models and attracting new buyers!

I am no expert but agree with the philosophy that making something more affordable can lead to brand loyalty for many who end up upgrading in the future (i.e. Porsche Boxster).
post #6 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 01:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverdude View Post
This is what I hear from manufacturers who do not offer manuals on their models... they can't justify the cost by adding a manual for the select few that would actually get one. Not saying I agree with it but thats the reasoning that they most often use.
post #7 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Garage
I happen to think that this thread would have been more appropriately offered in a different Forum , such as

Jaguar F-Pace Lounge Area > Other Vehicle Discussion >

2017 F-Pace S Glacier White w/JET Interior , 20" Grey/Diamond Turned Blades , Technology Pack , Luxury Pack , Comfort & Convenience Pack , Driver Assist Pack , Black Pack , HUD (Wifey's) Manufactured July , 2016 - Purchased Sept. 10 , 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2014 Ford Fusion (Mine)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 2003 Ford E-350 Conversion Limousine Van 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel (still running strong)
- 1999 38-ft Monaco Executive Motorhome 450-hp Cummins Diesel (Vacation Home on Wheels) if we only had more spare time

post #8 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 03:26 PM

Garage
Turbo 4? No thanks...

2017 Ammonite F-Pace S
post #9 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 03:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theRAMSTA View Post
According to some "experts" on this forum, no luxury brand should have a no frills option as it would hurt their brand. Apparently Jaguar has a lot to learn about diversifying their models and attracting new buyers!

I am no expert but agree with the philosophy that making something more affordable can lead to brand loyalty for many who end up upgrading in the future (i.e. Porsche Boxster).
I have to agree with you on this one, as much as I have defended the entry FP levels. It took Detroit a long time to recover from the vastly under-powered "muscle cars" of the 80's and 90's. Of course, much depends on the performance numbers, as you can certainly squeeze much out of a four-banger these days.

2017 F-Pace S Delivered 8/9/16
2005 XKR
2000 Jeep Wrangler
post #10 of 39 Old 04-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgon View Post
Turbo 4? No thanks...
I agree.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jaguar F-Pace Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page